This morning Nathalie and I shared a morning walk and coffee with our canine pal. Late last night we felt there was a definite similarity in the dog's pleading soulful look to that of Oliver Twist as he asks for another bowl of gruel. We feel it suits him and in just a day he seems to respond to it and show's no preference for his former name. A name is really for the humans and we need to relate to the name of our fur kid. I hope his former foster mom will not be put off by the change. I had no problems with the name 'Moki' but he seems like an Oliver to me.
Oliver is learning to walk on his leash like a well mannered boy. After about 20 minutes of concentration I let him run loose in the back yard and we play and act crazy together. His appetite has not been immense but he is eating. I think he is very stimulated by all the change. He is unusually quiet even when I had to put him in the crate today. This evening after our walk, he responded to the collies' barking with a jubilant cry of his own.
Friday, February 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment