
Moki, a blue merle cocker spaniel, has come a long way in his young life already! He was discovered at the residence where a pit bull terrier was about to be picked up after a complaint had been made to Ingham County Animal control. He was mistaken for a black plastic garbage bag tangled in a chain and garden hose. When the officers realized that the bag was actually a dog, he was confiscated along with the other canine. His hair was a matted, shaggy, filthy mess. He was also starving. Judging by the doggy mugshot, he looked hollow, broken and lifeless.
When Nathalie and I met him he was being fostered by Jana, owner of Gone 2 the Dogs in the Old Town part of Lansing. He was starting to put on weight and was acting like a normal dog. He had love for everyone and only a bit of anxiety around some larger dogs. It didn't take long before we both wanted to give him a trial run at our home.
I just picked Moki up from the shelter today after being neutered and given a Rabies vaccination. I cannot believe how playful and affectionate and bouncy he was after having his manhood severed! It is like nothing happened to him at all.
He met the 4 collies downstairs upon arriving. It looks like they will be friends. He also met the three little chihuahuas down the street. Two out of three seem to like him.
I started teaching him what the clicker means and why good treats come from it. He already knows how great it is and I taught him that his new dog bed is his place to sleep not on the bed with the cats. Oh the cats. They are scarce and wary but they have let me know that they still love me even though I brought that stinky thing home. Moki loves his new beef nylabone but seems reluctant to try the crate. Now we are going to walk to LCC to pick up Nathalie from her class. Moki loves to learn and food is a perfect motivator. I think he is a very trainable dog at one year old.
I will post pictures and will give more updates soon to all of his fans that are wondering about him.

No comments:
Post a Comment